About This Project
UXPA Boston provides a forum for usability practitioners to share techniques and experiences. Leaders in cultivating a local community of UX enthusiasts and practitioners in the Boston area, UXPA Boston was in dire need of a not only a new look and feel for their website, but a clean, structured CMS that was easy to use to update content frequently for their various monthly events. The new site has multiple integrations, including EventBrite, Google calendars, Google jobs, Flickr, Twitter, and MailChimp, to name a few, all integrated into a WordPress CMS.
Process and project deliverables included:
- Creative brief circulated to key stakeholders, providing valuable input on the sites existing pain points, and desired future direction.
- Competitor research and discovery.
- Information architecture, with site stats and user data and behaviors driving much of the sitemap decisions.
- Created two different design concepts, both elevating the brand, and speaking to the brands personality.
- Developed the site with multiple integrations and API’s to create a current, industry-leading website for the target audiences.
- Applied animation techniques to support user behaviors.
- Ensured a full responsive site across multiple devices.
- Developed to accessibility standards, especially critical for this audience.
Check out the site!